Sunday, November 17, 2013

nutcracker advent calendar for cut it up challenge

Entering My nutcracker advent calendar into the www.cutitupchallenges.blogspot.com Its the countdown challenge no.32 My granddaughter loves nutcrackers so I decided to figure out how to make one for her to make counting down to Christmas to be fun. she loves it.  I used tbb&more cart
I used the box cut on pg 119 because you can put it so it will open to the front. I cut 44 boxes and assembled by hot glueing together. the numbers are cut from scrap paper I glued the entire nutcracker on a music box for a little extra cuteness. He looks so cool on my fireplace. He is about 2 ft tall when finished. Have any questions on how to make this just email me I will try to explain it better. hugs

15 comments:

  1. This is so awesome! I love all the details. And how cool that you put it on a music box! Thanks for playing along at Cut It Up Challenges! :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! I love nutcrackers, too. Lots of work with all those boxes but so worth it when making things for the little ones :-) Thanks for playing along with us at the Cut It Up Challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rhonda, a Nutcracker advent calendar is a PERFECT Christmas Countdown project. *LOVE*
    I am so happy that you joined us at Cut It Up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is so fabulous. How big is it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool advent calendar!!! I always loved advent calendars. I hope you are doing well. I just wanted to stop by real quick since I haven't been on much.
    Hugs, Sheena

    ReplyDelete
  6. AMAZING, Rhonda!!! This is so awesome - love it! So much work - GREAT job!!! I am sure your granddaughter loves it too! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Cut It Up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Rhonda, this is so creative and fabulous!! I absolutely love it!! It looks amazing!! Happy Monday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, great job, Rhonda! Great paper choices, too. I love how the red boxes look like suspenders!
    Thanks for joining us for the Countdown challenge on Cut it Up!
    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely AMAZING!! Awesome job!!
    Thank you for joining us at Cut It Up Challenges.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, look at all this incredible work! Your creation is really amazing! Thanks for playing at CIU!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I miss doing Advent calendars with my son and your nutcracker is amazing.

    Thanks so much for joining up at Cut It Up

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing project! Thanks for joining the Cut It Up challenge!

    ReplyDelete